2 Broke Girls Got Canceled And It's Pretty Obvious Why

May 2024 ยท 2 minute read

Fans might think that Max (Kat Dennings) getting engaged to Randy (Ed Quinn), along with a biopic being made about Caroline's life, was a good finale for the show. But the writers and producers had a lot more in mind for the comedy series.

"This is not the end for these girls," executive producer and co-showrunner Michelle Nader said to TVLine in April 2017. "We're not finished, and we don't want to be finished, and I don't think the audience is finished. Obviously, there's no guarantee that we will be back, but we did not write the episode as a series finale."

And if the show had gotten a Season 7, there would have been plenty of surprises in store. For one thing, Cher was in talks to play Max's mom, according to TVLine. Now that would have been fun to see!

Dennings knows that fans wanted more from the show, too. In November 2017, the Dollface star told Yahoo! Entertainment that she'd be down for a 2 Broke Girls reunion special if it ever materialized. "We didn't get to see Max and Randy's real wedding, which I think would've been cool," Dennings said to Yahoo! "Maybe one day we'll wrap it all up with a two-hour special where we see all of these things happen... I would love that. I think the people that watched the show for so many years deserve some closure, and I would love to give that to them."

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7r7XCpKCsr5mbwW%2BvzqZmbGliaoB3e5Fmmaunm5p6qLXRpapmn5%2BpeqStzZycpZ2UYq6vsIyiq6xloKeytcDYZqabrpmkwrR51qGwaA%3D%3D